Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My American Journey

I think Collin`s purpose was to give readers a brief overview of the various situations he had been through in order to be where he is today.
He achieve`s this by telling experiences from the past, for example when he was able to purchase from restaurants but wasnt able to eat there and also the hamburger experience.
I think the audience that Powell had in mind while writing was the African American Community or minorities in general.
The author is a strong-willed, determined individual who fights againts all odds to achieve what he desires.
Now that I have read the book my attitude has somewhat change towards the author in that I now see him as someone who has worked very hard and has risen above the challenge to be where he is today.

No comments: